Two copies of files (not scans) being imported from watched folder

RobertJSawyer

I have Evernote's Windows client set to monitor this input folder:

C:\Dropbox\Inbox

If I copy a file to that folder, it gets imported -- twice.  (I have the option to keep the file set to yes and the option to also include subfolders set to no.)  With desktop notifications turned on, I see the first copy get loaded into Evernote, and then, less than a second after that's finished, the second one appear.

I know others have had troubles scanning to an import folder, but these aren't scans, just plain documents or photos copied into C:\Dropbox\Inbox (not created there, just copied to there).

The only thing unusual about C:\Dropbox\Inbox is that it's a shared Dropbox folder, accessible to both myself and my assistant.

(For those following other threads, I previously had trouble because I'd used the Windows SUBST command to assign drive letters A: and B: to folders on my C: drive; I'm no longer doing that, because Evernote screws up import folders if you do.)

I've tried removing C:\Dropbox\Inbox from the import-folder watch list, restarting Evernote, and then adding it back in.  The problem still occurs.

Help, please!

Rob (in Toronto)

• Level 5*

I use auto folder import relatively frequently, and only rarely has it gone sour. I'm wondering whether it's the fact that it's in a Dropbox folder that's causing you to have problems...

• Level 5*

I also use import folders a lot without issue - dropbox sounds like the problem.  If you need to have files there for the sharing aspect,  you could try setting up something in AHK or Belvedere to automatically copy files from DropBox into another inbox folder elsewhere...

• Level 5*

Robert,

Sounds like you are moving down a path, but out of interest do you know if DropBox changes the date/time after it syncs the file?

• Level 5*

Sounds like you are moving down a path, but out of interest do you know if DropBox changes the date/time after it syncs the file?

Not yet -- I haven't carved out the time to test this scenario...

• Level 5*

Not yet -- I haven't carved out the time to test this scenario...

Sorry, was addressing to the OP.

Thanks, everybody!  I'm the original poster in this thread.  The strange behavior -- duplicate uploads from my watched shared Dropbox inbox folder -- seems to have cleared itself up.  I don't know why.  In any event, it's not happening anymore -- and if it ain't broke, don't fix it! ;)  Thanks again!

Archived