Quick thoughts on Beta as a brand new Evernote user

23op4u909u4

Idea

I have always heard great comments from co-workers about Evernote so I decided to try it last week.  It seems better than Onenote.  However, I tried the Beta just now and do not like it.  The current version seems more like an application and the Beta version seems more like a web page.

Either way, I can see myself continueing to use it.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm guessing you were trying out the web version,  which is a limited beta,  and maybe the installed desktop version which has more features than the full web version anyway,  so way more than the beta.  I prefer EN Desktop to EN Web anyway.

I have always heard great comments from co-workers about Evernote so I decided to try it last week.  It seems better than Onenote.  However, I tried the Beta just now and do not like it.  The current version seems more like an application and the Beta version seems more like a web page.

Either way, I can see myself continueing to use it.

Welcome to Evernote 23op4u909u4!

We're so glad to hear that you tried us out and are trying out our different experiences. Right now the Beta is quite lightweight and we haven't packed all of the features in yet, but we hope to continue to hear any feedback you may have. We have some great mobile and desktop applications that provide a lot more functionality if you anticipate a lot of note taking, accessing notes on the go, or just more advanced features like Presentation Mode (premium only).

I personally can't live without these complementary Evernote apps and add-ons in addition to the desktop & mobile clients. They are all free: 

• Web Clipper - Great for saving clips or whole webpages you find on the internet and automatically saving it to Evernote for research or read later scenarios.
  • Scannable (iOS only right now) - Great for scanning documents & receipts. They will get OCRed automatically aka the text in the images will become searchable. 
  • Skitch - Great for marking up images to give feedback to others or even just blur out personal info.

You can learn more here: https://evernote.com/products/.

Thanks for giving our product a try!

- Nancy 

Archived