recognize business card wrongly

Matthew@HK

Idea

I scanned a newspaper article with Scannable. Somehow Scannable thinks this is a business card. When I uploaded it to Evernote and try to put the article name on as the note name, Evernote would only bring up a contact input screen. Scannable should allow the user to specify whether a scan is business card or other stuff, rather than dictating. Afterall, it is just a machine, and most of the time it is quite stupid.

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Can't really comment because Scannable hasn't made it to the big slice of scanosphere ecosystem that lives in Windows and Android;  but if you're taking pictures according to all the recommendations and still get duff results,  it appears that your documents don't give the app the right signals - may be a reason to use the built-in picture notes,  or to take a picture with the device camera and share that to Evernote instead.  I'm sure scannable will get better...

• Level 5*

Just wondering whether Evernote take note of the issues raised in this forum. 

Evernote staffers do read what's posted here,  but the forums aren't another way in to tech support.  Any problems will be noted for possible future fixes,  but employees don't often comment on individual cases.  For individual support,  submit a bug report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging into this link > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

More background here https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/51807-best-practices-submitting-a-support-ticket/

If you are having problems with scannable,  the camera note feature in Evernote itself allows you to choose manually between documents and business cards,  so should provide a more consistent result.

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the delay - we've been waiting on approval in the App Store...

In the newest version of Scannable (1.0.2 - released yesterday) - we've added the ability to remove business card formatting.  We've also improved our detection logic to reduce the number of incorrect business card classifications.

We hope this helps!

P.J.

I appreciate the recent update!
I don't see wrongly business carding any more and even it happens sometime, can be disabled.

So much improvement!

However, still strangely small pages can be scattered sometimes.

I suppose it occurred when I manually scan pages. I am not sure though.

Any thought for the situation of "wrongly small page"?

Archived