Find Scanner

wbmccarty

Using my iPhone, SnapScan can find, and trigger a scan on, my iX500 using WiFi (USB disconnected). However, Scannable times out looking for the scanner, though I can see that it's scanning the correct WiFi network.

Can someone suggest a troubleshooting procedure, please? I can't find any settable options so I'm at a loss how to proceed.

Thanks!

Cheers,

I see. Thanks so much for the information!

I really wish that I'd understood the difference between the plain old ix500 and the SSEE before buying the ix500. It seems that I really need the SSEE. But, having paid for an ix500 there's no way I can justify the additional cost of an SSEE. And although the ix500 hasn't scanned as many as 50 pages I'd take a major hit trying to sell it as used equipment.

In my use case I don't have a PC mated with the scanner, just an iPad. Initiating a scan to Evernote using only an iPad appears not to be possible using the plain old ix500. At least, I haven't yet figured out how to accomplish it.

I've had more trouble with this technology/product than anything I've purchased in dozens of years. 

Evernote doesn't tend to talk about future products, so not much I can say.

I can say that in many cases there are apps available for various scanners from various brands already.

For example, the ix500 does work with the ScanSnap iOS app which you can find on the app store here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scansnap-connect-application/id464728181?mt=8

We are listening to all feedback, and appreciate it. 

• 1 year later...

Such a shame..

im coming back to this old thread and still no support for ix500.  It's the same hardware. Why can't they enable this?  Do they really think they are making money by forcing people to buy a sp civic scanner?

Archived