Screen Capture Bug

bill_c

Idea

Since upgrading to Yosemite, Evernote screen capture is capturing the wrong portion of the screen.

Rather than capturing the section, it captures an equal sized selection below & slightly to the right.

For example  ... the attached file is my attempt to capture the logo header (elephant logo & green title) from the upper left corner of this page.

It instead captured part of the form, below the logo header.

I am using OS X Version 6.0 (451092 App Store).

post-239212-0-83385400-1417546585_thumb.

8 replies to this idea

There's now a 6.0.6 version - best updated from Evernote.com - which might put that to bed...

Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded Evernote from their website, Version 6.0.6 (451290 Direct), but I am still experiencing the same issue. I should have mentioned before that I am running an extended desktop, and when I clip from one screen it usually grabs from the other screen. It is not the same region, meaning clipping from Screen 1's top left corner does not creating a screen shot of the top left corner of Screen 2. 

• Level 5*

Some of my screen cap stuff is iffy about working on anything other than the main screen.  You could try another app to get screen caps and drag/ drop those into a note,  or maybe use Evernote Clipper to set up the note but replace the picture with one from another app (keeps a standard format and preserves the URL but gets you a better pic).

Regardless I'd suggest you submit a bug report by choosing "report a bug..." (!) in the first dropdown after logging into this link > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Archived