Home / End keys not working since upgrading to 5.7.2

Hi there,

I'm using Evernote 5.7.2 on a Mac Pro on 10.8.5 with a full sized keyboard and since upgrading I can no longer use the Home/End keys in the main note window (they just get ignored).

These keys work fine in other apps.

I logged a support ticket (816513) for this but was just curious if anyone else is seeing the save issue?

Thanks,

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply.

I've just upgraded to 6.0.3 and the problem is still there for me also.

I had an update on my ticket saying that they've recreated the problem and the issue has now been fed back to the product team.

As a workaround, I've discovered that if you press the CTRL key and Home or End, this achieves the same thing.

Nice. I've been using command-up and command-down as a similar workaround.

Looks like using either control or command with home/end animates the note to the top or bottom. While command-up/down jumps instantly.

Sounds like they will be working on the issue, which is good news!

• 2 years later...

it's been a couple years, but this bug still seems to persist.

i'm using 6.1now.  i remember it not working for a couple years now, and for me it's a pretty efficiency problem.

i'd feel really good if, as a paying member, these two buttons could be restored :)

• 5 months later...

Jesus.

At this point I cannot WAIT for some company to come by and disrupt Evernote.
The annoying thing is that among Evernote's minor issues with their platform, the core of the program in terms of basic use and formatting are underpowered, missing critical features, or just annoying or difficult.

Of course the HOME and END keys don't work, in 2017, still.

UGH

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, jameskachan said:

At this point I cannot WAIT for some company to come by and disrupt Evernote

Thats a stupid comment

A disruption would impact millions of users successfully using Evernote.  

If the product isn’t working for you, switch to a different service

12 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Thats a stupid comment

A disruption would impact millions of users successfully using Evernote.  

If the product isn’t working for you, switch to a different service

HA HA HA — No. it's not a stupid comment. Disruption, and competition is what drives progress. Companies get real fat and lazy when they don't have to work for it, and ideas get stale when there are never any better ones presented. A competitive alternative to Evernote would either:

Be so good, everyone would switch over to it (Myspace › Facebook - for example)

or

Or provide new ideas and improved efforts, new features, and better design to prevent users switching over to the alternative, thus continuing to improve the product rapidly and competitively.  (iOS vs Android - for example) — or… do you not want Evernote to improve really? Because the software is still missing some key features… with "home" and "end" key support at the bottom of my list of things I'd like supported or changed.

Sorry Guru. That's how it works.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, jameskachan said:

do you not want Evernote to improve really? Because the software is still missing some key features… with "home" and "end" key support at the bottom of my list of things I'd like supported or changed.

I look at my keyboard and don't see home and end keys
A google search retrieved

Most new Mac keyboards are fairly simplified when compared to their PC counterparts, and you’ll find that some of the extraneous keys like “Home” and “End” are nowhere to be found on the Mac wireless keyboard or any keyboard included with a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air.

No, Evernote adding support for non-existant keys is not important to me

As per this 2014 post, I use command up and command down

• 1 year later...

Archived