C L

windows Feature Request - "Format Painter" and Format visibility

Idea

Please add a 'format painter' as per MS Word, and "show formatting info" also as per MS Word. 

Currently formatting often out of control, eg. when pasting in from web, and no way to get rid of bad formatting issues locked in (undo fails) other than clear formatting which wipes the whole note.

At least make 'clear formatting' apply to selection.

• Like 7

11 replies to this idea

Please add format painter- easy add and sooooooo needed to save us time. 

• Like 1

I've been a paying customer for Evernote for about 6 months or so.  I love Evernote, but I'm about to get rid of it.  I can't waste any more time trying to fix formatting.   I've noticed requests for this feature in the forum back in 2010, yet nothing has been done.  Evernote are you listening?  This is what your paying customers want.  OneNote is catching up rapidly and their formatting is 100x better.  They'll even let me import my stuff from Evernote.  I'll stick around for a little while longer, but not more than a year.  Please great a format painter.

• Like 1

Yes, I agree. 'Format painter is a very helpful tool and I use it a lot. I would love to see it here in EN too!

ALL of you that want to be counted on this idea you have to PRESS the VOTE button ^ at the right of the editor's image (at the top of this page)!

We all would like to have a Format Painter tool in EN for all platforms.  PLEASE!!!

This feature has ben repeatedly requested for several years.

The only reason i'm using Onenote instead of Evernote is the format painter functionality. Unbeliveable that it is still not there. How am i supposed to create nice looking notes when the content comes from multiple sources via copy-paste without a fast way of formatting? Guys, we are in 2016 not in the 90s...  Shall i format the things all the time one by one with the same amount of clicks? This is insane. Even in mail clients, this functionality is there. And this is supposed to be a note taking app where we need astetics. I'm so disappointed here. And then i did not even talk about the new 2 device limit...   but the lack of the format painter is really a bummer.

• Like 2

Wow, Dembala - I didn't realise Onenote had a format painter. I'm going to download Onenote and try it now.

I might have to switch from Evernote to Onenote. I am reaching the end of my tether trying to quickly cut and past bits and pieces from multiple places into one neatly formatted note.

I cannot understand why this feature doesn't exist. It seems like it should be a standard feature of note-style applications. 

• Like 1