Date Stamping In Auto Title Creation Preference Option Request

1. Would it be possible for Evernote Developers to setup prefs for date stamping to follow  a european type order like yymmdd (no slashes PLEASE) or 141002 for today?  This is MUCH faster to type and much easier to sort and find by.

2. Could EverNote set auto title creation preferences to include the aforementioned date stamp as part of the title instead of the location the note was created in as many of us are 99% of the time in the same city and have to delete the title Evernote automatically creates almost every time because it is irrelevant. This wastes time and interupts the work flow.

Does anyone else out there agree with me or have more info on how to do this?

• 3 months later...

I 2nd this request...  There should be an option to auto-title with the date, and each user needs to be able to choose date format.  I'm not in Europe, but much prefer the date format YYYY-MM-DD with or without the hyphens, and I use this to start most of my notes.  I have little use for auto-title with my city.

• Level 5*

For information - I use Phrase Express to add the current "yyyymmdd" to my notes where I need it - that's one keypress.  Plus the created date of a new note shows the current date and time,  and notes can be sorted in created date order.

• 3 years later...

I agree!  It would certainly make my life easier since I must enter the date on a high percentage of my entries. I also use the YYMMDD format for the same reasons you stated. 

I believe our choices for Auto titles should be expanded to include dates in optional formats.

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2015 at 10:21 AM, dpleese said:

I 2nd this request...  There should be an option to auto-title with the date, and each user needs to be able to choose date format.  I'm not in Europe, but much prefer the date format YYYY-MM-DD with or without the hyphens, and I use this to start most of my notes.  I have little use for auto-title with my city.

Ditto!!!!   Have asked for this before, first time may have been 2 years ago.

I often search on ALL notes with the YYYY-MM-DD format and pull up all my notes for that day.  Very useful for follow-up after a week on the road.

• Level 5*

I still use PE and can get a date and/ or a time in whatever formats I choose with one keypress. I title my notes with a relevant date - usually,  but always the current date - and make log notes with a date and then action times.  I have total freedom to change anything in any format,  and Evernote couldn't reasonably come close to the same degree of flexibility without a lot of work.

Typed - 20180405 1753

17:53

I have tried the "Time Share" app (Simons) but it requires stroking down from the top of screen to open the notifications, tapping the Time Share notification to copy the current date and time (in pretty much any preset format you could desire) into the clipboard, and then stroking up to go back to your note, and a long press to invoke the past function and then one final tap to paste.  Too many strokes, taps, and presses and if you had just copied something it is gone.  Also, since the latest Android update it does not start up automatically when the phone boots up.  Too busy to chase these things down until a certain frustration level is broached and then... :angry::angry:

One simple icon in the editing bar (the one that appears when enabled tapping on the "A" icon at the top of the screen) within Evernote to the left of the BOLD icon, perfect!

PS... essentially what "CTRL ;"   does in the Windows desktop version of Evernote.

Archived