Handwriting kinks

Hello, I have a problem. I love the new look of Evernote that came with the latest Android update, but I've been experiencing a problem with taking handwriting notes ever since the update. What happens is that I am in the middle of taking handwiriting notes, and since the instructor is saying things i don't need to note, I leave the tablet alone for a bit. The screen soon locks. When I try to unlock it, Evernote app is frozen most of the time. Then I have to shut down the app and reopen it, and when I reopen it none of my handwritten notes are saved and I have to start all over again. The app freezes in a similar manner when I switch to a different app for a few seconds. In both situations, it seems to be a hit or miss: most of the time the app freezes, but sometimes nothing happens. I'm currently using a different note-taking app because of this very issue, but if it becomes resolved (maybe with another update), then I will return to using Evernote. Can the community provide any help for me, and can the developers PLEASE address this problem? I'm using a Galaxy Note 8.0 with S Pen running Android Version 4.4.2 KitKat. Thanks. 

• Level 5*

Hi - it doesn't sound like the workflow you use is unusual - there are bound to be breaks in note-taking from time to time,  and obviously losing notes is not an option.  There is a work around - hit 'done' if you stop taking notes,  and open a new note when you continue - you can merge all the notes together at the end of the session.  Or use your email app to take notes and send the finished item to your Evernote email address - though you'll still lose the content if your tablet locks up again.  Or use the web version of Evernote in a browser if you have a network connection - then you get autosaves.

Archived