PDF gets deleted while annotating if change is made to note

Tote

EN ver: 5.6.4.4632

While annotating a pdf that is attached to a note, if I make a change to the note (e.g. add a todo checkbox or type a reminder regarding the note) the attached pdf file is removed from the note and the annotation window throws an error saying the pdf was removed. It gives me the option to save the annotated pdf in a new note and none of the annotations are lost. If I move the newly created pdf to the original note everything is fine, but I still cannot modify the note if I start annotating again.

There are several workarounds for this but it is annoying.

• Level 5*

When your notes are fully synced,  and provided you have no Local notebooks,  you could consider reinstalling the application.  I don't see the same behaviour - my annotations save back into the same note.  Are your PDF files created with Acrobat?  Are they particularly large?

@Tote

By chance are you replacing the PDF with the checkbox accidentally when you edit the note? Do you have the PDF selected in the note when you add the checkbox? I cannot reproduce the behavior you are seeing of losing the PDF when adding a checkbox, otherwise.

Thanks,

Lester

Archived