Latest Google Chrome Disables Evernote Web Clipper 5.9.20

DVins

This afternoon Google Chrome automatically disabled the older Evernote Web Clipper 5.9.20 because it is 'not from Chrome web store'. What can be done to reenable this? The latest Web Clipper is absolutely atrocious -- not only is it buggy but it less efficient in terms of quickly clipping content. 

Google Chrome has updated API's that may not be supported or backwards compatible with older versions of the Chrome Clipper. I recommend you start using the version 6 clipper and try to live with the things you don't really like in it. We are doing a redesign that will release within short that hopefully addresses the cons in the v6 design. We will not update v5 of the Clipper to be compatible with newer versions of Chrome. 

• Level 5*

Google Chrome has updated API's that may not be supported or backwards compatible with older versions of the Chrome Clipper. I recommend you start using the version 6 clipper and try to live with the things you don't really like in it. We are doing a redesign that will release within short that hopefully addresses the cons in the v6 design. We will not update v5 of the Clipper to be compatible with newer versions of Chrome. 

There is a lot that I do like in your Chrome Clipper V6.  However, one thing I really miss from the FireFox Clipper is the ability to ADD comments at the time the clipping is made.  Would it be possible to add this feature back into the next Chrome Clipper update you mentioned?

Also, as has been discussed many times in other threads (all Clippers), can you please make sure we can insert a NORMAL line above the lines captured by the Clipper?  Often with EN Clearly, it creates a really large font with FIXED line size at the very top which can't be changed.  IMO, ALL line heights should be set to auto-fit the font size of that line.

Thanks.

@JM

You can still add comments in V6, we never took that away. If you open the filing dialog where you select notebooks and tags look at the bottom of that panel to see the add comments field. 

We haven't yet found a clean way to insert a normal line above webclips, it comes down to how ENML works across the different clients. But I will bring it back up again since things may have changed since our last effort. I agree this would be useful to have for all webclips. 

• Level 5*

@JM

You can still add comments in V6, we never took that away. If you open the filing dialog where you select notebooks and tags look at the bottom of that panel to see the add comments field. 

Thanks for the tip.  That worked.

May I suggest, however, that it is not at all obvious/intuitive that a Comments block is available, nor how to get to it.

The only choice to open the Filing Dialog is to click on the "Add Tags" link.

Perhaps a button/link named "Open Filing Dialog" would be better understood by most users.

BTW, I really like the FD.  It is very stable (as compared with the FF ver), and easy to use, once you have it open.

Archived