Using Evernote Desktop on a Windows Touch Screen

Radiator

I am having problems using the Windows Desktop client on a Windows 8.1 PC that has a touch screen. The PC is an Asus T100 - a convertible laptop/tablet.

The desktop client behaves itself when I use a mouse, but when I use the touch screen in either laptop or tablet mode I cause all sorts of havoc.

I have problems scrolling the left column that contains notebooks and tags. I have less than 10 notebooks but a multitude of nested tags.When I attempt to scroll I inadvertently pick up notebooks and drop them in different stacks or create new stacks and I pick up tags and drop them on other tags creating even deeper nesting.

I can fix the problems using the mouse but basically the desktop client is unusable in tablet mode.

I have installed Evernote Touch but it only synced about half of my notes 700 from a total of 1500. One feature missing from Evernote Touch is the ability to change the creation date (I scan correspondence in batches and like to update the creation date to the date of the correspondence - not the date scanned).

On top of all that I am now getting an error message about syncronisation failing because of a problem on the client side. I've found other threads on that problem and will try them out this evening.

• 5 months later...

I have a Lenovo Win. 8.1 Touchscreen laptop and having the DESKTOP to show up without being real tiny.  I hate the Win.8.1 Touch Evernote- cannot edit in it effectively!  So I have uninstalled it.

Currently, due to this Win. 8.1 working with Evernote, I am regulated to using the WEB version only.

Question- when will Evernote fix the  PC version to work on Win 8.1?  (I don't care if the touch feature is enabled, even)  I just would like to have the PC version again to work off!

Thanks for any help,
Mark

• 6 months later...

I have the same question. When is Evernote going to get up to speed with what Microsoft is doing? If it is some sort of internal battle going on with muscle boy Microsoft simply not allowing the competition to come forth with something other than Onenote then we need to know that. If Evernote is losing the battle, so be it. We'll just have to scrap using Evernote. It is not a viable solution in Windows 8.1 and beyond and Microsoft is not looking back. Windows 10 and their new Spartan browser will be out soon and they aren't going backwards.

• 3 months later...

Either Evernote doesn't monitor this discussion group, or is choosing not to address this issue in any way. It's been over a year since this thread began and no response from them. Nor has anyone in the community made any suggestions. With only 5 of us complaining here in all that time, either this site is rarely visited, or the problem is unique to our setups, or Evernote doesn't find it compelling enough to deal with, squeaky wheel and all. I have a Win 8.1 Surface Pro 3, my only Win 8.1 touchscreen device. Touch control works fine on my Android Evernote tablet and phone. My next step is to pursue solutions on other Websites. I'm too locked into Evernote at this point to consider switching to a new app. Perhaps they know and count on this too.

• 1 month later...

Archived