Entering password twice

Postah

In past versions we had to enter login and password once to enter the application, now I enter login and password in the initial window and then a small window pops up which needs me to enter the password again to be able to synchronize. This happens only if you don't tick "Stay signed in" Could it be fixed?

@Postah, I do not think it is a bug to get fixed. It seems more like security feature. It is asking the user the permission to get synchronize (save the notes). If you wish you can go ahead and sync by entering the password and clicking OK button. Otherwise you can cancel the password requesting dialog box by clicking cancel button.

It is same like when you work with a word document on Windows. When you are about opening new document while working on a dcument it will request you to save the changes for your current document before you proceed with new one. 

I hope it helps.  

Asking THE SAME password two times does seem like a bug to me. Why not just show a question, to sync or not to sync. Just think about it, you type a password, press enter - and it asks for THE SAME password again, WHY??

And besides, it doesn't show that small dialog if you tick "Stay signed in". What? Now it doesn't need to ask permission to sync?

This is nothing but bug. Imagine you enter a password to anything, say on Windows login and then it tells you "Enter your password again, please". Sounds stupid.

The "supposed" purpose of this little password prompt is probably not syncing immediately, but "allow syncing" manually. In any case, I don't see why a program should ask twice for the same password

I think it asks for the user to sync all notes with their Evernote services. That does mean taking the notes to cloud. Since you do not store your password on your Evernote Desktop. application. So it is asking second time. 

Archived