photos edited on ipad mini (ios 7) show up weirdly distorted on pc

If I take some photos on an ipad mini (ios 7), attach them to evernote on the ipad, edit them on the ipad

Then

When I sync to evernote on a PC, the photos will have an odd pixel aspect ratio - as though they've been stretched in one direction more than another.

(Has this been discussed?  I couldn't find it in the forums.)

I just noticed this today as well.  If I open the photo in the built-in Skitch (right click and Annotate this Image...) on Evernote Mac, and either crop or even add an annotation and then delete it, the photos displays correctly after it's closed in Skitch and viewed in evernote.

• 1 month later...

I have had this same issue on the iPad. Take a photo in landscape mode on the iPad, open the note in Evernote on the desktop and the image is distorted. It's like the image is being rescaled into a portrait photo instead of a landscape photo. See attached image for an example.

post-192969-0-74781100-1396831056_thumb.

Here is a fix to work around this issue until it properly addressed. In the desktop version of Evernote, go to your note with the distorted image, rotate is clockwise, then rotate is counter-colockwise to its original orientation. This will fix the strange stretch effect.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I've noticed this issue creeping up recently when using document scan in iOS (iPhone 5S running iOS 9.3.5 & EN ver 7.17.1), that the images will appear distorted when viewed in EN on my Mac (MBP 13" '09, 2.53 ghz running 10.10.5 & EN 6.9 from the App Store) based on the size/ratio of the window in which the note is viewed. The images appear fine when copied & pasted into other applications. Thankfully the work around discovered 2 years ago by skevbo works, but this is a bug that still needs squashing.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm happy to report that this seems to be working better for me than it was back in September. A Page Camera photo taken earlier this morning in iOS [EN version 7.18.1.346906] shows up distortion-free on my Mac [EN version 6.10 (454269 App Store)] without any work-arounds. I hope others are experiencing the same positive results!

Archived