Feature Request: Automator Actions

briansquared

Idea

Developers, please considering adding a few Automator actions that can be used by OS X users.

From a search, I can see that Automator has been brought up a few times in some different contexts (e.g., setting up automator to email content to Evernote), but a few official Automator actions would be extremely useful.

Some potential actions:

• Import into Evernote - add either a file or content from elsewhere as a new note
  • Create Note - create a new note in the specified notebook with the specified title or Untitled
  • Add to note - append a file/content to a specified note
  • Add tag to note - add a specified tag to a specified note
  • Get contents of note - send the contents of a specified note to the next step in an Automator workflow
  • Get text from note - same as above, but just the text content
  • Get images from note - ... just the image content
  • Import Markdown into Evernote - import a Markdown file and reformat appropriately for evernote
  • Open Note
  • Show note in full-screen presentation mode
  • Add Reminder to Note

Thanks!

7 replies to this idea

Developers, please considering adding a few Automator actions that can be used by OS X users.

From a search, I can see that Automator has been brought up a few times in some different contexts (e.g., setting up automator to email content to Evernote), but a few official Automator actions would be extremely useful.

Some potential actions:

• Import into Evernote - add either a file or content from elsewhere as a new note
  • Create Note - create a new note in the specified notebook with the specified title or Untitled
  • Add to note - append a file/content to a specified note
  • Add tag to note - add a specified tag to a specified note
  • Get contents of note - send the contents of a specified note to the next step in an Automator workflow
  • Get text from note - same as above, but just the text content
  • Get images from note - ... just the image content
  • Import Markdown into Evernote - import a Markdown file and reformat appropriately for evernote
  • Open Note
  • Show note in full-screen presentation mode
  • Add Reminder to Note

Thanks!

+1

plus here is an action i would love to see:

• get note count - returns the number of notes with a specified tag (or in a specific notebook, or maybe even a specified Saved Search)

(to automate statistics about how many ToDos i have and how many of them are ASAPs etc...)

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, rdhyee said:

Is there still interest in Automator Actions related to Evernote? I'm just learning about how to create such actions.

One of the best features oof Automator is that it launches applescripts

These scripts are a big part of my Workflow.  When there’s a future request I look to see who it could be implemented in applescript 

Archived