(Archived) Evernote Clipper for Chrome

SAC

The new Evernote web clipper causes my browser to freeze - any solutions

I'm very disappointed with the 'upgrade'. You've taken something that worked brilliantly and turned it into something that just doesn't work. Period. Not what I call an upgrade!

Webclipper just updated on my PC and laptop.  Was looking impressive at first, with tour .  Then it froze. Asked for login.  Icon when blue. nothing. not clipping. side bar does not appear.

Same on both machines.  Removed and reinstalled clipper for Chrome.  No change.  I'm premium, due for renewal in a week.  This is a BIG SHOWSTOPPER!  Sort it out fast Evernote or we will vote with our feet.

All I ever want Evernote to do is a few simple things efficiently. Like so many things in the application, this new update adds fifty features which look nice but frankly I really didn't care about and subtracts the one feature that's relevant which is how to make a note on a web clip. 

I want to be able to clip things from the web and then to add a note so that I can search for them later. How can I now do this using the web clipper? How can I simply add some text (not annotate the image) It's now quicker to copy and paste stuff out of the web page, into Evernote and edit it there.

Evernote is a piece of software I value but sometimes feels like a thousand monkeys with a thousand keyboards churning out features in the hope that some might be useful. I just wish the company would focus on doing the simple things well and making it just a bit more valuable so that I'd actually pay you.

i'm totally with petenixey on this ... more features isn't improving evernote. where did the ability to add comments go?  why isn't webclipper "one-click" like it was? opening a sidebar of features should be an option not a default. and i hate the related items popup post-clip instead of just changing the toolbar icon to show its working/finished clipping.  argh!  please don't make me leave evernote (i have been premium for 2 years btw)

I am having an even worst time with the upgrade. Let me first say I looove Evernote, it has changed my life and I cannot go back to NOT clip interesting things I see. However, right now I have been forced to disable the extension in Chrome, otherwise it will crash the entire browser within seconds - without even using the clipper! To fix it I have to start the computer in "fale-safe-mode" and disable the extension in Chrome, restart and presto. But without Chrome, I cannot work, study or live. So please, fix this!

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly the evernote clipper is not working for me either (chrome)

Elephant goes blue when it is struggling and I can't change the notebook. Or if I manage to open the notebook selection it just sits there and won't let me select anything different other than the last notebook I used.

I am so frustrated that I can't use this!

Archived