(Archived) Any way to allow other folks to edit certain notes

Hello,

I know that I can publish a folder, but that seems to allow other users to only view notes in that folder. Is there any way to share a note or all the notes in a folder with another person via their email address or an Evernote account?

For example, I'd like to create a folder called Grocery List. I'd then share that with my wife, she can then add stuff to it, and I can check the list via my Smartphone as I'm in the grocery stored.

The only way I can think of is to give her access to my entire account.

-Eric

Currently, you can publish a notebook and then give that URL to just the people that you want to see it.

We are actively working on expanding this functionality to give more control for sharing and collaboration. This was one of our top priorities for 2009.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dave Engberg, Any update on this? Any beta forthcoming or ideas what quarter we might see it? It's been almost 3 months now since your last reply.

I'm putting my vote in for this one feature I need more than any other..

Thanks! :)

Dave Engberg, Any update on this? Any beta forthcoming or ideas what quarter we might see it? It's been almost 3 months now since your last reply.

I'm putting my vote in for this one feature I need more than any other..

Thanks! :)

As Dave has said MANY times throughout this board, they don't give estimated dates. He said this was a goal for 2009, so I would assume that they are hoping to get it done by the end of the year, but hopefully we'll see it sooner. Continuing to ask for updates is going to result in the same answer again and again. We all all are looking forward to this, but we're only going to find out about it when it's released. EN gets that this is a very desired feature and Dave's comments suggest that they are doing everything they can to add it. I don't think they need any more convincing at this point! :)

Maybe a bit late to be adding my thoughts here, but... this would be a huge improvement and would also help spread the word about the platform.

Currently I use evernote for everything that doesn't need to be shared, or more accurately, collaborated-on. I use google docs for everything that does. And while google docs is a fine product, it's just quicker to open evernote and put everything in there. And for the search to work, everything obviously needs to be in one place.

So... if the evernote clients could incorporate some sharing logic similar to google docs, it would be massive.

- a way to specify who to share with for each note (by email)

- non-evernote-users invited to share would get an email with full instructions

- evernote users would get an email and probably have a shared notebook or section as well (maybe google reader is a better guide here)

- conflicts could be handled the same as they are today if different clients on the same account make changes. But ideally, it could grow to handle more sophisticated merging.

Anyway, looking forward to it.

As a side note, if any third parties wanted to build a bridge between evernote and google docs that could be pretty cool.

I completely agree re: sharing. The sharing features in Google Docs would be a great example to follow - I should be able to specify exactly who I share with. And I should have the option to be notified via email when they add a note - and they should get notified when I add notes, etc.

Jeff

Archived