(Archived) suggestions

fzlang

Idea

at least where the Mac version is concerned.

Make better use of the mousing the Tool bar, Like Mail.

add the ability to drag and drop at least a few shortcuts to the Tool bar.

Many people I know have never even opened the "sidebar" because:

#1 a "sidebar" is already there as the Note list.

#2 most are using smaller screen in their day to day, like 13".  The current "sidebar" eats up real estate.

add the ability to Cmd click a Note and add a numeric short cut that would be triggered by Cmd + 1 thru 0. (Like Mail)

add a slim Tool bar under the current toolbar for those short cuts.  (Like Mail)

add the ability to enter fullscreen of the note you're on, not just the app.

Or alternatively, close the Note list.

add a list view with the font size of the Snippet view.

add a different Snippet View that shows just one line of text which is the last text entered in the Note.

add a clickable icon in the Note list to toggle the "sidebar".

add a clickable icon in the Note list to toggle either toolbar

Bug?  once a particular View is selected, a different View can't be selected without closing and opening Evernote.

13 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

add the ability to enter fullscreen of the note you're on, not just the app.

Or alternatively, close the Note list.

Hi. We can use full screen with the Mac on individual notes.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s74/sh/8dfdf47e-fd99-4134-852f-adf51c4a52bf/e1d43f37b8c87b02b99fca0eeea00457

As for closing the note list, this is something Windows users can do (the new beta), but Mac users cannot. Ideally, I also think it would be nice to have this option.

More Suggestions:

1.  How about an easier way to provide suggestions to the Evernote dev team. - like a suggestions forum.  

2.  Better search and navigation of forums.  I use a fair number of forums, and this one always seems to be hard to use. 

3.  "Paste as plain text" should be available using the right click context menu and via a shortcut key. 

4.  Have a format painter.  Lots of uses for this...

5.  Better search options.  Include "Title" and "Note" with operators such as Is, Is Not, Contains, Does Not Contain.  Allow boolean AND / OR for combining criteria.  Look at how iTunes does smart playlists for inspiration...  I particularly like their "option-add" to get a nested AND/OR.  

6.  The Back and Forward arrows at top-left should function like every browser.  Click and hold to get a list of previous / postvious notes.  This would make the "Recent Notes" in sidebar redundant...

1.  OK, but it wasn't obvious how to get here - in fact, I'm still not really sure how I got here!  I think my point was that there should be a prominent button / menu item on the Evernote page called "Suggestions".  This could take you to the "Suggestions Forum", for example.  If you go to the "Forums" page (discussion.evernote.com) I see a bunch of forums, but no place that says suggestions...  I did a search on "Suggestion" and clicked on the first topic and just entered my reply.  This doesn't seem like the best way.  Perhaps I'm missing something...

3.  OK duh on my part...

5.  This is exactly what I was looking for!  How does one navigate to this page?  See, I think this kind of stuff should be available thru the help system (advanced help?).  

6.  Thoughts?

5.  This is exactly what I was looking for!  How does one navigate to this page?  See, I think this kind of stuff should be available thru the help system (advanced help?).  

yes.

What would others think about having the ability to do templates?  I know I personally would have a lot of use for this depending on the meetings I'm going to be in or the tasks that I'm needing to complete.  I also would be curious if templates could be done for penultimate? (Yes I realize that its an ipad app but I do get my notes on my mac)

I like the template idea.  For example, you could set up headings that would always be there.  I have several recurring meetings that have defined agendas.  This could be useful.  Of course, you could make a note with the "template" info, and then just copy and paste to a new note when you get started...  Allowing one to "Duplicate" a note might also do the trick in a more general way.  Thoughts?

I like the template idea.  For example, you could set up headings that would always be there.  I have several recurring meetings that have defined agendas.  This could be useful.  Of course, you could make a note with the "template" info, and then just copy and paste to a new note when you get started...  Allowing one to "Duplicate" a note might also do the trick in a more general way.  Thoughts?

I agree that duplicating would work and might be nicer as you could have a notebook of all your "templates" and use them there to duplicate from.  I would use the copy and paste but on the iphone and ipad that function doesn't seem to exist or at least I haven't found it and use it every day.  I'd also be interested if Evernote created some templates to use like GrumpyMonkey has in his public notebook.  They have done some of these functions in Penultimate with their different papers.  

Archived