Only tags that are already in this notebook can be added to this note.

Hi guys,

My co-worker shared with me a notebook, and both of us are premium users.

He already added the tags we want to use, but when I attempt to tag those "available" tags, it rejects me with the title of this discussion.

Any help please?

• 3 months later...

I am getting the same error as Calebwwk (Only tags that are already in this notebook can be added to this note) on the mac client. I have a shared notebook with my wife in which I have existing notes with tags. However, when she tries to tag another note in the same notebook with the same tag it gives her this error. However, my wife can tag with existing tags in the web version of Evernote. I am a premium user, but my wife is not if that makes a difference.

Any thoughts?

That's correct, and it's by design. You cannot add tags to a shared note unless the tag is already in use in that notebook. See http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/15249-problem-with-tags-in-shared-notebooks/

Hi jefito. Thanks for your response. Perhaps I wasn't clear in my original post, but the tags in question are already in use in the shared notebook. I understand the design that new tags can't be created, but I think that this is a bug since she can't add existing tags to our shared notes.

Any thoughts?

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem. We are three users who share the same notebook, but sometimes some of us can't use add tags to notes even if the tags are already used in the notebook. However the same user who cannot add the tag from the Evernote program can still do it in the web interface (logged in to the same account).

• Level 5*

I think that there's a bug in the UI, if you're trying to add tags by clicking on the "Click to add tags" text above the note in this case. Try using the Assign Tags dialog to add tags to shared note. I'd open a support request, too.

Archived