Send Note Contents to Other Apps?

When sharing a note in EN Android app, all it does is creating a shared note link. Is there a way to just send the actual contents of a note to other apps directly? I don't want to create link and have to remember to disable the url later on.

You can always email a copy of a note to someone.

that's not the solution to my problem. I have some short notes in EN I would like to send to a reminder app which pops up every now and then so I can see what I need to do. link is not an option as I said earlier it creates un-necessary security risks.

• 1 year later...

I am also looking for sending note contents (and not the note links) to other apps. For e.g I have stored my bank details that I often need to send it to my clients. I used to use S Note in which it was very easy to send the note contents to other apps but I don't like S Note too much.

I then came to know about Evernote and this is something that I was always looking for. I then copied all my notes from S Note and my PC over to Evernote. On one such ocassion, I was to send my bank details to my client and at the nick of the time, I realised that I could not send the note contents but just the link. Now I wouldn't want to insist my client to use Evernote to open that note.

As a small work around, I managed to send the contents by

1. opening the note

2. long tap anywhere on the content

3. select & then copy the contents to the clipboard or memory

4. paste the contents in the desired app

It was a painful and time consuming process.

I then came to know about Simplenote and too my surprise, it has the feature of sending the note contents to other apps. I went ahead and added some important notes in Simplenote. For now, when I need to send the note contents to other apps, I use Simplenote.

I had a thought of purchasing a premium subscription but until Evernote officially does not implements this feature, I am sticking to using both Evernote (w/o premium features) and Simplenote simultaneously.

• Level 5*

Surprised! None of the Evernote staff or rep is interested in answering.

How can they expect someone to buy their subscription???

This is primarily a user forum; if other users wish to chime in (and they often do), then they will. If you want official support, you can use the link in my signature.

This is primarily a user forum; if other users wish to chime in (and they often do), then they will. If you want official support, you can use the link in my signature.

What do you mean by "other users"? I am using Evernote and I am interested in purchasing a year's subscription. The entire discussion is about the usability of Evernote. You don't allow non-premium or free users to contact support or whoever and in the support forum you call them "other users".

Okay, I'll chime in with a comment you may not like... You send banking info with cloud apps that are, relatively speaking, easily hackable? For your own safety, please stop!

Its just the bank account particulars where the party or client is supposed to deposit the money. I just need to send them this information using SMS or WhatsApp Messenger. I don't see any hackable things with that.

But anyway, the discussion is now going out of the topic. Its just that we are looking for a way where we can send the contents of the notes to other apps and so far there is no easy way of doing the same. Now what was wrong with that? You could had simply said Yes or No.

Okay, first. You may get a couple notifications saying I liked the unliked your post. Sorry, slippery phone.

Anyway, my advice was well meant as your first post did not clarify what you meant by banking details.

Also, this being a User Forum means exactly that. Evernote staff do monitor all the posts and occassionally chime in, but they seldom actually partcipate. Other than that, we are all Evernote users who try to help each out when and where we can. If you want to speak directly with Evernote staff, you'll need to submit a Support Ticket as per the below linked thread:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/51807-best-practices-submitting-a-support-ticket/#entry254984

What do you mean by "other users"? I am using Evernote and I am interested in purchasing a year's subscription. The entire discussion is about the usability of Evernote. You don't allow non-premium or free users to contact support or whoever and in the support forum you call them "other users".

Okay, I'll chime in with a comment you may not like... You send banking info with cloud apps that are, relatively speaking, easily hackable? For your own safety, please stop!

Its just the bank account particulars where the party or client is supposed to deposit the money. I just need to send them this information using SMS or WhatsApp Messenger. I don't see any hackable things with that.

But anyway, the discussion is now going out of the topic. Its just that we are looking for a way where we can send the contents of the notes to other apps and so far there is no easy way of doing the same. Now what was wrong with that? You could had simply said Yes or No.

• Level 5*

I am an Evernote user, not an Evernote employee. You are an Evernote user. This is a user forum, meaning that it's not intended as an official Evernote support forum (though you can sometimes get support here, from Evernote users and occasionally Evernote staff). But mainly what you can expect in these forums is support from other users, not Evernote staffers, and many times you'll get an answer more quickly than you'd get from Evernote support.

Official Evernote support is available, even for free users in some cases; start here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/51807-best-practices-submitting-a-support-ticket/. But yes, for most official support, you need to be a paying user.

Yeah sharing will only send the links to the note. 

Its the same with most note apps. 

Emailing to other apps that have email addresses (Trello etc) does a nice job of sending actual note contents though. 

Archived