(Archived) Can I just sync with one single Evernote Notebook?

Acer Chang

Sometimes I just don’t need too many Penultimate notebooks (say, pNotebook) in my Penultimate.

Therefore, I hope I can create some kinds of “Archive Notebook” in Evernote, then I can put my old pNotebooks in it and prevent them from showing in my iPad.

So I tried to move my notebooks from the linked Evernote notebook (say, eNotebook) to other eNotebooks as Archive Notebooks.

However, I found that even the pNotebook is not in the linked eNotebook, they are still synced. If I delete a pNotebook from my iPad, the corresponding one in Evernote will also be deleted even it is not in the linked eNotebook.

This makes me hard to create an Archive Notebook in Evernote and I have to keep more than 40 pNotebook in my iPad. That’s insane.

Can I just sync with the linked eNotebook without syncing with those notebooks not in the linked eNotebook?

I have exactly the same problem. Trying to de-clutter my Penultimate list of notebooks by putting them in a "Penultimate archive" notebook in Evernote, with the expectation that they will just be stored and not synced anymore. But even if I create a copy of a Penultimate notebook (to be stored in the Penultimate archive), and then delete the original (either from Evernote or Penultimate) the copy is also deleted!

Would appreciate a solution to this, e.g. dropping the sync flag on copies of Penultimate notebooks in Evernote, or, as suggested above, limit sync to just one Evernote notebook.

• 7 months later...

Yes, an archive feature would be great.

I'd like to use Penultimate to capture information.

Some of that information I won't need to edit in the future, but I'd like to be able to search for it with Evernote.

Thus would like to archive a Penultimate notebook so that's it's no longer in Penultimate (and taking up space on my iPad), but available in Evernote (so I can search it).

In essence, "break" the sync connection between a specific Penultimate notebook and Evernote. 

Is this feature in the product backlog?

Tanks!

• 1 month later...

Sometimes I just don’t need too many Penultimate notebooks (say, pNotebook) in my Penultimate.

Therefore, I hope I can create some kinds of “Archive Notebook” in Evernote, then I can put my old pNotebooks in it and prevent them from showing in my iPad.

So I tried to move my notebooks from the linked Evernote notebook (say, eNotebook) to other eNotebooks as Archive Notebooks.

However, I found that even the pNotebook is not in the linked eNotebook, they are still synced. If I delete a pNotebook from my iPad, the corresponding one in Evernote will also be deleted even it is not in the linked eNotebook.

This makes me hard to create an Archive Notebook in Evernote and I have to keep more than 40 pNotebook in my iPad. That’s insane.

Can I just sync with the linked eNotebook without syncing with those notebooks not in the linked eNotebook?

Having the same issue.  I have many meeting notes that I don't need in Penultimate anymore, but would like to keep them in EN somehow.

Having the same issue.  I have many meeting notes that I don't need in Penultimate anymore, but would like to keep them in EN somehow.

The only good way I've figure out so far is to email the Penultimate notebook to my EN email address which shows up in EN as a new note with Penultimate notebook as a PDF.

Archived