(Archived) Surface - adding new note doesn't sync to other devices

mtnmissy

I create new notes on my Surface tablet but when I sync, that note does not show up on Evernote anywhere else (iPhone, computer, web). However, I am able to download notes that I created and synced from any other device onto my Surface.

Is this a limitation or am I doing something wrong?

I create new notes on my Surface tablet but when I sync, that note does not show up on Evernote anywhere else (iPhone, computer, web). However, I am able to download notes that I created and synced from any other device onto my Surface.

Is the note in a local (non-sync'd) notebook?

• Level 5*

I doubt the Surface (the OP must be using Windows RT) has local / synced options. My guess is that someone else with a Surface will have to help out with this one, and it might be a good idea to contact customer support. Others seem to have had syncing issues as well (http://www.zdnet.com/surface-is-it-microsofts-ipad-or-something-else-7000007020/).

I doubt the Surface (the OP must be using Windows RT) has local / synced options. My guess is that someone else with a Surface will have to help out with this one, and it might be a good idea to contact customer support.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I don't know anything about the Surface. But since OP put it in the Windows 8 section, I thought maybe the Surface can run the regular Windows 8 client. (Unlike the iPad, which runs a mobile client.)

• Level 5*

I doubt the Surface (the OP must be using Windows RT) has local / synced options. My guess is that someone else with a Surface will have to help out with this one, and it might be a good idea to contact customer support.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I don't know anything about the Surface. But since OP put it in the Windows 8 section, I thought maybe the Surface can run the regular Windows 8 client. (Unlike the iPad, which runs a mobile client.)

Give it a few more days and we'll have to start asking people what they are running. Right now, regular folks can only get their hands on the RT version (something like the iOS system for Apple), but the Pro version (a full Windows experience) will be coming soon, and that will be a whole other can of worms. I wish I had some of these devices so that I could offer help, but I am afraid it is a little beyond my budget at the moment. Android, Apple, and regular Windows on the desktop are about all I can afford to cover :)

Nope, it's in a synch'd notebook. Thanks for the responses and trying to help :)

Follow-up....heard back from Customer Support and after sending my activity log, they had me delete a note that was having issues synching. Still had issues so I took the same course of action by myself with a few more notes tonight, emptied my trash everywhere, and un-installed Evernote on the Surface. Finally after re-installing and synching, I am able to create a new note on the Surface and it actually shows up on my other devices/on the web. Wasn't very intuitive with this app on how to fix the problem but it's fixed.

Archived