Evernote for iPhone - Editing text note makes it jump

I scrolled through the first five pages of the forum to see if anyone else had addressed this, but I couldn't find it if someone has. If this is a duplicate I apologize.

Anyway, I've noticed a glitch in the iOS iPhone app. I do a lot of text note editing in Evernote and I've noticed that if I create a new note the text flows easily and you can always see where you are typing. However, if I go to edit a note that already has context when I tap to edit it jumps to the top of the screen and I can't see my text until I've inputed a few sentences. This is very strange and a little annoying because it helps to see the words as you type them. I'm hoping this problem will be fixed in an update.

Does anyone else experience this issue?

Anyway, I've noticed a glitch in the iOS iPhone app. I do a lot of text note editing in Evernote and I've noticed that if I create a new note the text flows easily and you can always see where you are typing. However, if I go to edit a note that already has context when I tap to edit it jumps to the top of the screen and I can't see my text until I've inputed a few sentences. This is very strange and a little annoying because it helps to see the words as you type them. I'm hoping this problem will be fixed in an update.

Does anyone else experience this issue?

I've had similar problems, making Evernote virtually unusable for text entry on iPhone and not much better on iPad. When typing, the displayed text (and sometimes the cursor) will jump to some other part of the note. I haven't noticed a pattern of when it happens (other than that I'm quite certain it isn't user error), or where the jump takes me.

And today a new problem occurred several times when viewing a note: Evernote wouldn't let me swipe all the way to the bottom of the note -- it treated a spot in the note about 3-4 lines from the bottom as the bottom, and when I swiped up to get to the end of the note, it gave the little bounce effect as though it was at the end of the note, though it clearly wasn't. When I closed the note and re-opened it, it would be fine and allow me to get to the end -- for a while, then the problem would reappear. The note in question is a shopping list I was editing while using, so it is possible the inappropriate behavior was happening after an edit, though I can't be sure. (And, again, in any case, I'm quite certain I was not doing anything I haven't done a thousand times before, or anything that would cause such behavior in a product that wasn't bug-infested.)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Same problem w jumping note. Not all notes do it, maybe problem w formatting? Most I do is simple lists.

When it starts, the jumps up one line for each character I type, w the text soon scrolling off top of the page.

When my sentence goes to a second line, the text jumps TWO lines per character. Then three, then four, etc.

Using Evernote 5.2.3 on an iPhone 5 using iOS 7.0.2.

This makes Evernote unusable. Going back to SimpleNote for now, as this bug was reported back in 2012, so it looks like Evernote has no interest in identifying or fixing this bug that affects the most basic function -- typing a note.

• Level 5

Using Evernote 5.2.3 on an iPhone 5 using iOS 7.0.2.

Using the old Evernote version on a new iOS is the problem. Your version is not compatible with iOS 7. An update to the current Evernote version (7.3.1) will solve the problem.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Jump to end on mobile device has been a requested feature by MANY users, for years now.  I know this because I've googled a solution to this problem many times - hoping for an update on a fix - only to find, each time, that the requests remain unsolved.  Whether it defaults to bottom or top is not a big deal (users will have different preferences), but there should definitely be either an option to (a) set your preference, or (b) a command/gesture to quickly jump to bottom. Touching top-left of iPhone already jumps to top...but nothing to get to bottom of note.  Surprised that EN hasn't addressed this already with so many requests in various forums, posts...but hoping one day they will.  Perhaps one more request will help...