Bug with "send to notebook" shortcut in Evernote 5.0.0

Manic Panic

Idea

8 replies to this idea

I have this problem as well. When I start EN, ctrl+cmd+M does NOT work at all. To make it work, I have to go to the menu and open Note > Move to Notebook. I just have to display the fly-out menu - I don't actually pick anything. Then after that point, the shortcut works for that session in EN.

I noticed this in both card view and snippet view, so I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the view.

I have to go to the menu and open Note > Move to Notebook. I just have to display the fly-out menu - I don't actually pick anything. Then after that point, the shortcut works for that session in EN.

That's exactly it! Glad to know I'm not the only one having this problem (sorry for you tho ;)) and let's hope there'll be a fix for this soon.

I was able to identify the behaviour on my Mac.

When does it not work:

By default, Ctrl + Cmd + M does not work.  Restarting Evernote, nor restarting the computer do not solve the problem.

When does it work:

Click on Note in the menu bar once, no need to click any menu items, the keyboard shortcut works from here on.  Continues to work after an Evernote restart.  Stops working after a Mac reboot.

Archived