Sivalon

android Request? Editing a note from one's reading point

Idea

Forgive me if this feature already exists, and I don't know how to use it.

I'd like the ability to edit a note from the point I'm reading. Currently, if I'm in the middle of a note and notice a spelling error, for instance, and I tap the "edit" button, it auto-scrolls to the beginning of the note and then allows me to edit. Problem is, I'm now quite a long way from where I was reading and it's extremely tedious trying to scroll back to that mistake using the much-smaller text window the editing feature provides.

Is this a feature that can be added (I'm using the latest version of the Android app on a Galaxy S3), or am I missing functionality that's already there? Thanks!

8 replies to this idea

Yes! I find this a constant annoyance. If you have short notes it's no big deal but the longer your note is the bigger pain/waste of time it is.

Bump, I'd really like an answer to this. It's keeping an otherwise nigh-perfect app down!

The answer is that this functionality does not exist.

• Like 1

Of course it can. But will it? That's a question that only the Evernote folks can answer, and they're usually pretty tight-lipped about their future development plans.

Bumping is fine.  But bumping & requesting do not translate to implementation.

Thanks for the tip. I've submitted a ticket.