(Archived) Terrible problem - note bodies have disappeared!! Date, URL remain.

perumula

Idea

I cannot believe this. Is this a normal problem? I have around 1600 notes and at least half of them now appear in their lists, and they have size, date and URLs in tact in the corresponding box, but many, many of the notes in every notebook have just disappeared. There is NOTHING!! This was for a sizeable research project. Is this a common problem now? I have submitted a ticket, but I want to know if anyone else has had this problem.

Also I'm finding many duplicates of the same file that I do not have any reason to have put in so many places and crazy file sizes. I'm attaching two examples: one showing 1kb for an entry of 139 words. And a second entry of the SAME note in another Notebook and it also says 1kb and there is indeed NO text. But it is the total loss of so many notes that is truly frightening.

And do I now have to understand that I have NONE of this material on my own computer. I thought it was in both places. That I uploaded a COPY!!! Is this not true? Thanks.

post-77557-0-32370400-1341621686_thumb.p

post-77557-0-50805100-1341621714_thumb.p

4 replies to this idea

Dean, thanks. i did submit a support ticket yesterday and got a reply from and in return sent the activity log which i only discovered after I sent my original queries to support and to this forum. It indeed indicates even to my non-geeky understanding that there is a connection problem. I also happily encountered a discussion about the web version (uh, been a long time just using my EN on Mac) and all my notes WITH bodies are there -- thank goodness!! So I will just wait until Monday when EN folks are back in and hope for a quick resolution.

Happy Day, Happy Day! After a couple of non-starters Support fixed the problem of 100s of note "bodies" disappearing, leaving only the info of date, URL, etc.

They gave me a new beta Evernote program to download, asked me to restart the MacBook Pro, zap out the Application Support folder to the desktop, gin up Evernote again and let it reload all the notes down into the program again. Previously I had checked and they all WERE there, just couldn't get them into the program. And btw, there seemed to be no rhyme nor reason as to which ones disappeared and which did not. Anyway, I give ample kudos to the free and quick support folks for what is a great program.

• Level 5*

Happy Day, Happy Day! After a couple of non-starters Support fixed the problem of 100s of note "bodies" disappearing, leaving only the info of date, URL, etc.

They gave me a new beta Evernote program to download, asked me to restart the MacBook Pro, zap out the Application Support folder to the desktop, gin up Evernote again and let it reload all the notes down into the program again. Previously I had checked and they all WERE there, just couldn't get them into the program. And btw, there seemed to be no rhyme nor reason as to which ones disappeared and which did not. Anyway, I give ample kudos to the free and quick support folks for what is a great program.

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

Glad to hear you got everything worked out!

Archived