(Archived) HOWTO: Move Evernote data out of EN?

mkraft77

Idea

Does Evernote provide a way to move the content you've created in EN elsewhere if you decide you want to do that?

For example, something analogous to Google Takeout (for those familiar with Google's 'data export/migration' service).

I realize the data is also saved locally. I'm referring to being able to migrate the data en masse, preferably wholly within the cloud.

This by the way is not a complaint about Evernote. I'm new to EN and that would be my first question (though it's actually not my first here) directed at any content storage website.

Thanks.

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Does Evernote provide a way to move the content you've created in EN elsewhere if you decide you want to do that?

For example, something analogous to Google Takeout (for those familiar with Google's 'data export/migration' service).

I realize the data is also saved locally. I'm referring to being able to migrate the data en masse, preferably wholly within the cloud.

This by the way is not a complaint about Evernote. I'm new to EN and that would be my first question (though it's actually not my first here) directed at any content storage website.

Thanks.

Hi. That is an important question, and the ability to easily export is one reason I choose to use Evernote. You can do it as HTML or ENML (Similar to HTML, but tailored for Evernote). Select a few notes and give it a try :)

It would be nice if you could decrypt ALL encrypted fields for ALL notes in one shot. Otherwise, to export, you have to go through each and every encrypted field in a note and decrypt by entering the password. This is silly.

If you want that and future feature requests to be noticed now and by people using the forums in the future, you should post them as their own topics, with descriptive subject lines—after searching the forum to see whether there's existing discussion you can add to.

It would be nice if you could decrypt ALL encrypted fields for ALL notes in one shot. Otherwise, to export, you have to go through each and every encrypted field in a note and decrypt by entering the password. This is silly.

Personally, I use a true password manager.

Personally, I use a true password manager.

I think Mike C was talking about the decryption password within Evernote. Is that right, Mike?

I think Mike C was talking about the decryption password within Evernote. Is that right, Mike?

I know.

Hmm, then I don't understand. There are password managers that can decrypt all instances of encrypted text in a note in one click, as Mike was requesting? If so, which?

Archived