REQUEST: One-touch strikethrough

adamtg

Idea

As I use Evernote a lot, I also make my weekly shopping list with it. What I miss on this list is the possibility to strike through the items the I have already put into my shopping cart with one touch of a screen.

Thanks in advance for any response.

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

The checklist box allows you to set up and mark off a list of items - at least in the latest beta version of Evernote. Look for it in the toolbar when editing/ creating a note. You don't have to edit a note to tick the boxes.

@AdamTG (Posted 19 maio 2012 - 07:00) ............: +1

@GaZumpEd (Posted 19 maio 2012 - 07:22 ) .........: Thanks!

Dear DeveLopers:

************************************************************************************************

* Please make strikethrough a button option on the font menu for AndroID ! *

************************************************************************************************

Thanks!

The checklist box allows you to set up and mark off a list of items - at least in the latest beta version of Evernote. Look for it in the toolbar when editing/ creating a note. You don't have to edit a note to tick the boxes.

What we want is , when creating a new note there should be option of to do note there only ( and not going in the note and selecting check box) . there we can create to do list. and as one item is completed we can just stikethrough it and that item will go down the list. also archive after whole checklist is completed to prevent overcrowding of notebook.

There are a number of to-do and task managers that will do exactly that.  Evernote doesn't.

yes there are number of other note taking apps which does exactly the same. e.g. Google keep or colornote. But we want all features under one app together. it will make already good app much much better. Archive option is also welcome. With it we dont have to use two apps . I loved evernote. I recently shifted from other apps to this. But miss those features.

• Level 5*

The problem being that if you include text styles, encryption, one-click strike-throughs and all the other features which users are requesting on a daily basis,  the app would be so top-heavy and bug-ridden that no-one would use it.  Evernote seem to be happy to let other app providers add-in features like this one,  while they maintain the basic all-purpose searchable database format that works on multiple OS's and devices.

Thanks for the quick reply n explaination. At least u can implement the Archive folder. It will just like trash bin. It will not make the app heavy. N it will make my notebooks less crowdy. N also hope u guys can give all those features one day n come up with the solution to keep the app light.

Archived