HOWTO: Make paste without formatting the default? [NOT CURRENTLY SUPPORTED]

Scooter

Idea

Is there a way to make "Paste without Formatting" the default? I keep forgetting to hit the shift, but I almost NEVER want formatting. Then my document is messed with with fonts and point settings. I hate it. I would just love to have a way to switch the normal paste for the paste without formatting setting.

5 replies to this idea

FormatMatch is awesome. It's a lifesaver when dealing with Evernote's formatting shortcomings. I started using it after seeing GM's recommendations around here but remember to deactivate if you try to copy/paste a picture or you'll spend several frustrated minutes growling at your computer's inability to paste an image when you need it to. (Followed by several more minutes of bitter self-loathing when you figure out your mistake.)

• Level 5*

FormatMatch is awesome. It's a lifesaver when dealing with Evernote's formatting shortcomings. I started using it after seeing GM's recommendations around here but remember to deactivate if you try to copy/paste a picture or you'll spend several frustrated minutes growling at your computer's inability to paste an image when you need it to. (Followed by several more minutes of bitter self-loathing when you figure out your mistake.)

glad i help. i think burgersnfries was the one who passed it on to me!

format match works chen you press the copy button (cmd + c), so make sure to deactivate it before then if you want to keep the formatting. i love it and use it on a daily basis. my hope is that evernote will someday have a true plain text function (simplify formatting gets rid of some things, but lots of gremlins still

seem to survive that kind of purge).

Is there a way to make "Paste without Formatting" the default? I keep forgetting to hit the shift, but I almost NEVER want formatting. Then my document is messed with with fonts and point settings. I hate it. I would just love to have a way to switch the normal paste for the paste without formatting setting.

On OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) alt+cmd+v pastes into Evernote (v. 5.5.2) without formatting.

Archived