(Archived) HELP: Can't edit Windows EN note in Android

Don Nelson

I have a list that I created in the Windows version of EN (ver. 4.5.5.6780), which I cannot edit in the Android EN. When I open the note, and go into edit mode, there is a faint banner across the top of the screen that says "This note contains some unsupported formatting", and it gives me a separate space to enter new text, but I cannot modify the existing text. I have only edited this note in EN, it was not pasted in from some other application. The formatting in the note includes check boxes, bold, underlined, italicized text, and horizontal rules. Hopefully, you can suggest a way around this problem.

Thanks,

Don Nelson

Hi Don,

I have a similar work flow and use both platforms for maintaining lists. This is a limitation in the Android client, currently there are some unsupported formats that cannot be edited.

From your list, I would say the horizontal line is the problem. In my testing, that will cause the limited edit options that you describe.

I would use the Windows client to remove the horizontal line from the list, and see if that helps.

Scott

Okay, this is very strange. I went through the note with the win client, removed the horizontal line, replaced with some dashes. Synched android client. When I view the note, I see the dashed lines instead of horizontal separator. When I edit the note, the horizontal separators are back! Can't edit the note. What the heck is going on?

I have seen this reported in another thread, and recall having a similar problem before. (The edit returns to a previous version)

I don't know what causes it, or if there is a solution.

I think, when I had this issue, I simply deleted the note and created a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the same issue just recently. The Android app didn't like bullet points indented: once I indented all bullet points back to the first level via web and synced, I could edit normally on Android. Shame, hopefully that bug will be sorted out soon...

I've had the same issue just recently. The Android app didn't like bullet points indented: once I indented all bullet points back to the first level via web and synced, I could edit normally on Android. Shame, hopefully that bug will be sorted out soon...

This isn't necessarily a bug, but that the indenting is not supported currently.

I initially had similar problems with the editing, since I used both indents and horizontal lines in my todo note, which made editing it annoying.

Now I have abandoned those in favor of a flat list, with just tasks and a checkbox.

In a way, I feel this is better, since I am spending less time making the list look nice, and more time doing the actual tasks ;P

• 2 months later...

Archived