(Archived) FEATURE REQUEST: Preference for EN-specific auto rotation

Mark923

How about in Preferences a check box toggle option to rotate, or not to rotate? I have notes/lists/recipes that I reference often, and just because I put the my phone down, it rotates. I'd like to stop the rotation from happening. Maybe a long press option on a per note basis, or simply one that is app-wide.

• Level 5*

a lock icon somewhere at the bottom would be nice. never an issue for me, but i think it is sort of a general problem people face in lots of apps depending on the use case. i always appreciate having the option--in my case especially on pdf readers.

How about in Preferences a check box toggle option to rotate, or not to rotate? I have notes/lists/recipes that I reference often, and just because I put the my phone down, it rotates. I'd like to stop the rotation from happening.

Doesn't your android device support this natively? Both my Samsung Galaxy Tab and my wife's Samsung Galaxy S2 have system wide options in the global menu you pull down from the top (I don't actually know the name of this). My option is called Orientation Lock and her option is called Auto Rotation. Enable my option, or disable her option and we have what you want.

How about in Preferences a check box toggle option to rotate, or not to rotate? I have notes/lists/recipes that I reference often, and just because I put the my phone down, it rotates. I'd like to stop the rotation from happening.

Doesn't your android device support this natively? Both my Samsung Galaxy Tab and my wife's Samsung Galaxy S2 have system wide options in the global menu you pull down from the top (I don't actually know the name of this). My option is called Orientation Lock and her option is called Auto Rotation. Enable my option, or disable her option and we have what you want.

Yes, but I don't want to stop the rotation phone-wide, just in Evernote.

stopping the rotation device-wide is a feature i never use, because i am always switching between landscape and portrait. most apps don't bother to give you an option to lock the screen, but it is nice when they do.

That's what gave me the idea. Several apps I have offer the app-specific choice of rotating or not. I could really be a happy Evernote Camper if this was implemented. But, hey, not a deal breaker.

Archived