(Archived) Feature request: Sort by author, and rememver sorting for saved searches

oddh

I am using the author attribute in Evernote as a method to sort notes in certain saved searches. I would be very glad if it woud have been possible to view the notes in the same order in the android app.

Also it would have been great if the different sorting method I have for different saved searches could have been remembered somehow. The Inbox I want to be listed with the most recent on top, but for the "lists" I want to prioritize notes I have to change, and then change back.

Thanks for a great program!

The only way that I know of sorting the results of the search is to create a shortcut to that search. This opens the search results in the list, and they can be sorted...

From my testing, the sort order using this method is remembered.

(i.e. for a saved search shortcut, the I have the sort set to notebook. But opening when opening EN, the sort is by updated.)

That said, sort by author is not available android (AFAIK)

• Level 5*

In my experience, the Windows client doesn't change sort parameters when a saved search is applied, even from a shortcut. You have to do that by hand. It's been something on my wishlist for awhile (though it's not a critical issue, just a nice-to-have).

Sorry, I did not mean I could save the sorting under saved searches, but I can select a saved search and then select how to sort - by using the "Notes by.." button, or click the columns under list view.

For me this has become an important feature with Evernote, to be able to prioritize notes. Would like more custom attributes connected to the fields though.

• Level 5*

So what sort of data do you enter in "author"? That's meant to be the person who wrote the note. I think.. Anyhoo - you can search for "author:yourdata" (without the quotes) to turn up all notes with that content in the author field. If there's more than one they'll then be listed by the usual options. Slightly backward to your request, and it's a million to one chance, but it may just work...

Hi

I know the author field is not meant to be used like I do. But the information there is of no use for me, f.ex. since I use Evernote as a personal organizer. If I would for example start sharing notes, I will not use the author field like this. After all, it is only a few notes I am using this for, notes that I tag with "Projects".

I type in numbers for how I prioritize the project. Then I can rather quickly in the desktop version list the projects in the order I like. However, I would very much like to be able to browse through my projects on my Android as well - as I am more in a thinking mode when I'm flat at my couch....:-)

• Level 5*

OK I agree - "author" on my several thousand notes is usually blank, occasionally me. Currently as useful as a speed-dial on your walking stick, unlike say.. "due date" :o to snatch a random example out of thin air..

Anyway. Would "author:1" (or something similar) work in your context?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived