(Archived) Feature request: option to delete notebooks, mass notes and tags

garychenc00l

I'd like to see the ability to delete notebooks by tap and hold and select determine notebook since right now, the android version only has view notes which I found it useless to have in the context menu since you can just tap it in the first place to view notes. Right now, there is no way to delete an entire notebook, only by web or windows and mac AFAIK.

Also, the ability to mass select notes, notebooks, tags to be moved, tagged and/or deleted to other notebooks, notebook stacks and mass tagging. A possible way to implement this is to either select the option to mass select through the menu or hold the menu button and tap notes, etc. To be mass selected as if it was like holding the ctrl button to mass select specific items.

finally, the ability to actually delete the tags directly on android since the only way is through evernote web, windows, mac.

Workarounds with these suggestions today would be using evernote web, windows or mac to do those tasks. I find that it should be implemented into EverNote mobile versions, unless it's already on it's way.

But using evernote web on my android phone is like impossible. I'll explain in another thread in the evernote web section.

• Level 5*

i am sympathetic to your plight. but, i guess i don't expect full funtionality on mobile. we ought to be able to create stuff (we couldn't before), but i can wait until i get home to delete, or use the web client. if it is a matter of priorities, i value speed and small footprint over more functions.

A workaround I use regularly is Logmein. And not just for Evernote. I leave my computers on 24/7. If there's something I want to do from my phone but there's no iPhone app (or the phone app is limited), I'll use Logmein from my phone to do the task from my desktop.

• Level 5*

A workaround I use regularly is Logmein. And not just for Evernote. I leave my computers on 24/7. If there's something I want to do from my phone but there's no iPhone app (or the phone app is limited), I'll use Logmein from my phone to do the task from my desktop.

That's a good idea, and really probably the best way to get around the inherent limitations of working one a mobile device. I don't do that myself, but I have read a lot of positive comments about it.

Archived