(Archived) "Your current password is incorrect"

Dear Evernote team,

thanks for the great new forum (software), looks sleek! But: Unfortunately, while there is finally the option to change my username, it doesn't accept my password!

It just says "Your current password is incorrect", even though I tried both my Evernote and my (different) Evernote Forum password from the old forum!

What else could I do? There must be a bug in there! I shall provide a NEW username but my OLD password, right?

Thanks for your help in advance!

With compliments

Dear Evernote team,

thanks for the great new forum (software), looks sleek! But: Unfortunately, while there is finally the option to change my username, it doesn't accept my password!

It just says "Your current password is incorrect", even though I tried both my Evernote and my (different) Evernote Forum password from the old forum!

What else could I do? There must be a bug in there! I shall provide a NEW username but my OLD password, right?

Thanks for your help in advance!

With compliments

If you're running into this while already in the forum (looks like it) then you're running into our Single Sign On. Since none of your password information is sent to the forum software during SSO, there's no password info for you to change. I'm working on a possible workaround to give users some additional funcitonality, but at the moment if you want to change your username, you'll need to PM me your preference and I'll change it for you (assuming, of course, no one else has that name).

Archived