(Archived) Webclipper and Bookmarklet (FF3)

johnlknight

It doesn't appear that I can assign a different notebook from the default using the FF3 webclipper. This function, which is available with the bookmarklet, should be integrated into the webclipper, if its not already (and I've missed it somehow).

Also, when using the bookmarklet, tags do not appear, as they do with the webclipper.

So, neither the webclipper nor the bookmarklet are ideal.

Please can you either add tag autocomplete to the bookmarklet or addthe ability to change notebook to the webclipper or, preferably, both.

Cheers,

JLK

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty sure that we're working on autocomplete for the tag list in the bookmarklet clipper. I believe that clipping from Windows goes into the currently-selected notebook in the Windows app, so you can select a single notebook there and then just clip multiple notes without having to change the selection every time.

Thanks

I believe that clipping from Windows goes into the currently-selected notebook in the Windows app, so you can select a single notebook there and then just clip multiple notes without having to change the selection every time.

It's actually precisely the opposite I'm looking for with the Webclipper: ability to change notebook with each clip, rather than the current process a) stop what I'm doing on the web :) go into the Windows client c) change notebook d) return to web e) execute webclip.

This is another case where the beauty of evernote is somewhat diminished by requiring too many steps for a basic task.

"bookmarklet", is that the button that you drag to the firefox bookmarks list, that now says "Clip to Evernote"? Cause if that's the case, then it seems to be working fine here. When I click it, a window opens up inside firefox (not a popup though), and I can select notebook from a dropdown menu and write tags in an input field.

If the bookmarklet is something different or I'm just misunderstanding the whole issue here, then I'm sorry :)

post-11077-13190606238_thumb.jpg

Correct the bookmarklet works fine for changing notebooks, but there's no autocomplete/drop down menu for tags so its hit nad miss wwhether you get the right tags.

Also, the bookmarklet saves to the Evernote web, so, as I use the Widnows client most of the time, I would have to synch all the time.

The problem with the Webclipper (not the bookmarklet) is that, although it has a good tag selection mechanism, you cannot change the notebook -- you have to go to the Windows Client to do that first.

As discussed above, neither the bookmarlet nor the webclipper are ideal.

Correct the bookmarklet works fine for changing notebooks, but there's no autocomplete/drop down menu for tags so its hit nad miss wwhether you get the right tags.

Also, the bookmarklet saves to the Evernote web, so, as I use the Widnows client most of the time, I would have to synch all the time.

Ah okay, I get ya. I guess the only kind of auto-completion for tags, is the dropdown menu that firefox offers based on what you have typed previously in that field. I've been using that alot today to save medical articles, but you're right about the hit and miss.

As for sync, I don't mind though. If you put data into a notebook in Evernote that is being synced, then your data goes to the cloud anyway. With the bookmarklet, its straight into the cloud and then back into Evernote afterwards. Mine synch every 15 minutes but I sometime manually synch if I need to work on something I clipped with bookmarklet a few moments ago. Luckily the sync is very fast.

But you make some good points though.

Archived