Hello,

I have:

- Windows 7 Enterprice

- Evernote 4.4.0.4818 Pre-release

- Firefox 4.0

Whenever I mark wanted content to be copied into Evernote:

1) Select/Highlight the content in FF

2) Choose "Copy Selection" from Evernote Icon ->

Error message: "Clipboard capture failed: "NotifyIconOverflowWindow" did not copy any data to clipboard or there is no selection... This has been happening in every 4.x Evernote release I have installed.

BR,

Timo

If you're not opposed to using keyboard shortcuts, you could use the "copy selection" hotkey to clip your selection directly into the Evernote desktop app.

So the steps would be:

1. Select/Highlight the content in FF

2. Hit Win+A to clip your selection to desktop app. This hotkey is also configurable by going to Tools->Options->Hot keys in the desktop app.

As to the reason why the Firefox clipper doesn't work, I can't comment since I use the Chrome one (which works fine) but my guess is that EN might need to update their Firefox clipper to cater for the new changes in v4.4. I might be wrong about that though.

Hope this helps.

--

Wolf

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I ended up here because I thought the Evernote app was not allowing me to select part of the screen to evernote.

I am an old geek, and early adopter of evernote.

I thought "Copy Selection" would allow me to then select an area of the screen and automatically send it to evernote.

I seem to remember it working like this in the past (remember old geek B) )

Out of desparation I tried "Clip Screenshot" which I thought would grab the entire screen. This worked the way I remembered, allowing me to select part of the screen, which was what I was looking for originally.

Then I selected "Paste to Evernote"

Worked fine. Using Win 7 and Firefox.

Perhaps I am just having a "Senior Moment"

Usually I do stuf like this at work (can't and would not install evernote on work machines, use chrome in portableapps) and use another program to capture parts of the screen. Been a while (years) since I've done this with the actual evernote software at home.

This selects an area of the screen, not just selected text. Great for capturing payment confermations.

Archived