(Archived) Widget or keystroke for quick note entry?

Is it currently possible, or are there plans down the road, to assign a keystroke or use a widget to open a new note window for quick entry of notes? I'm using both the Mac and Windows clients and as of yet have not found a way to do this.

Is it currently possible, or are there plans down the road, to assign a keystroke or use a widget to open a new note window for quick entry of notes? I'm using both the Mac and Windows clients and as of yet have not found a way to do this.

Since I work both platforms too, this seems like a good suggestion. On the Mac, both a platform and a keystroke (preferably custom assigned) would be great.

I also would love this.

Im using a quick to do app in the mcac dashboard, but would love a quick post evernote widget. I then can press a button on my keyboard and quickly enter something.

Thanks!

Huh? I am a Windows user, not Mac. I keep Evernote running in the background (Tools>Options>General) and then Ctrl+Alt+N takes me to a new note from anywhere I am. Why does this not do it for you? Is there no equivalent in Mac?

Ctrl-Cmd-V will create a new note from anywhere and paste what is on the clipboard.. If you're sitting in Safari, it will even grab the page title and set the new note title automatically.

If you are running the Mac Evernote Clipper, it will even start Evernote if it isn't running.

Lee

That doesn't work for me. I'm running the latest beta under 10.5.3 of OS X and all I get is a beep when I attempt that keystroke. As an aside, for some reason I can't get the clipper to appear on my iMac at home. It works fine on my MBP.

Archived