Howto Change Column Width

pmastroianni

• Level 5*

I don't think that you can do this in Evernote at this time. About the only way that I know how to do this is to export the note to Evernote Export format (.enex), which is a subset of HTML. Edit the exported note with a text editor and you should find the table specification. Change the table to suit your needs, and import the note.

~Jeff

• 4 years later...

Unbelievable that such a basic feature is not available when it is such a necessity function for the use of tables. As I see it, my preference would be to not even have tables, rather than a horribly crippled version of it. Ahhh well, I still love Evernote, they just have such oddities such as this.

• 4 months later...

I don't love it so much.  I'm about ready to cancel.  Why not just create folders in DropBox (or something similar) and use whatever app works best to create notes as folders.  This would not cost extra (e.g. if you already have a Word licence anyway) and everything would actually work.   This table thing is not my only grip, but it may be the last straw.  

• Level 5*

Workaround alert. 

If I want to ensure column widths I add x's to the title columns (or to columns in a row at the bottom of the table) and make the font color white so the x's disappear.  Not necessarily a pretty process but makes for a prettier table.  Also enable expanding the overall width of the table if I set the percentage too small when I created it.  FWIW.

Archived