Confused by web/desktop font size/heading formatting

PlatinumHydra

Idea

Hello all, I am new to the forum!

I have found a confusing situation looking at the web client vs desktop (Windows). See image below.

image.thumb.png.658646bff5671fc6faea67eacc076237.png

WEB CLIENT: If I type normal text, then set small, medium and large headers on the web, the font sizes I see are:

MOVING TO DESKTOP: If I switch over to the Windows client (my note font is set to 11), I see text of the following four sizes corresponding to the web created content above:

DESKTOP>WEB: I tried a new note on desktop with the above font sizes (11,13,17,23). Checking the web, because it was all "text" each line shows as font 16 (unpictured)

How should I understand this mismatch? Thank you.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi, @PlatinumHydra, and welcome to the forums. At present only the Web client (beta) really has built-in styles, such as headers. Others (Windows desktop, Android, etc.) try to approximate the fonts, sizes, etc., of these styles. I've noticed the differences too, and I'd also like it to be uniform. I have had to wave my no-obsesso wand at myself a couple of times. The plan is, as I understand it, for the Web client to be the testing ground for upgrades coming to all the editors, and presumably when the Web client's capabilities have been migrated to the other platforms, we'll see more consistency. Till then, we just have to deal with it.