Working With Templates

baronvonbull

Hey ya'll -- brand new to Evernote from Onenote and LOVING it MOSTLY so far.

Ya'll can help me love it all the way!

I've taken to the Cornell Notes template. However, it has 3 frustrating aspects that I can't quite figure out.

1. Is there a way to set my keyboard tab to indent text instead of jumping between segments of the template?
  2. For some reason, Evernote won't let me drag a table to the side of the template despite their being plenty of note taking space. Is this a formatting issue? 
  3. Can I add tables within the "notes" section of the template? Or is that impossible since the template appears to just be a fancy table? 
  • Level 5*
23 hours ago, baronvonbull said:

Is there a way to set my keyboard tab to indent text instead of jumping between segments of the template?

Tab can be ambiguous in Evernote. You didn't mention which Evernote application you are using, but in the Windows client Ctrl+M indents, and Ctrl+Shift+M dedents

For some reason, Evernote won't let me drag a table to the side of the template despite their being plenty of note taking space. Is this a formatting issue? 

I believe that Evernote would characterize this as a "formatting choice"

Can I add tables within the "notes" section of the template? Or is that impossible since the template appears to just be a fancy table?

Don't know what this means. Screenshot, perhaps?

• Level 5*

For some reason, Evernote won't let me drag a table to the side of the template despite their being plenty of note taking space. Is this a formatting issue? 

This also applies to notes.

I use a table to apply a layout to my notes.  I'm able to work in cells at the side of the note