My tags were deleted unintentionally

jcdoming

During an organizing process, I was moving notebooks and deleting some unused tags. I had about 20 tags in total and had deleted a few when suddenly, all of my tags except four of them disappeared, with no way of getting them back. I tried reloading the page, logging out and back in, and checking my Android app to see if I could restore them, but nothing worked. I checked the forum to see if someone experienced something similar, but didn't find anything.

Has someone experienced a similar issue? Is there a way to bulk delete tags that maybe I did without knowing? Is there a way to recover deleted tags?

Thanks!

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, jcdoming said:

During an organizing process, I was moving notebooks and deleting some unused tags. I had about 20 tags in total and had deleted a few when suddenly, all of my tags except four of them disappeared, with no way of getting them back. I tried reloading the page, logging out and back in, and checking my Android app to see if I could restore them, but nothing worked. I checked the forum to see if someone experienced something similar, but didn't find anything.

Has someone experienced a similar issue? Is there a way to bulk delete tags that maybe I did without knowing? Is there a way to recover deleted tags?

Thanks!

Hi.  Sadly,  the answer to everything above is basically 'no'.  If you delete a tag,  it disappears from all notes to which it was attached.  If you're quick to hit 'undo' for whichever operating system you're using,  you might be able to rescue the error - but it is very easy to select a range of tags and inadvertently delete them as seems to have happened here.  For this and other similar situations I keep a local backup of all my notes,  though that's not possible if the web version is your sole access.  I'm not even sure that Note History would help with this - it's a paid feature (even if for only 1 month) that rescues previous versions of notes.  Major pruning is best done offline on a desktop so that the database can be refreshed with the older Server copy if there's an issue.

How to use note history to view older versions of a note

hace 11 horas, gazumped dijo:

Hi.  Sadly,  the answer to everything above is basically 'no'.  If you delete a tag,  it disappears from all notes to which it was attached.  If you're quick to hit 'undo' for whichever operating system you're using,  you might be able to rescue the error - but it is very easy to select a range of tags and inadvertently delete them as seems to have happened here.  For this and other similar situations I keep a local backup of all my notes,  though that's not possible if the web version is your sole access.  I'm not even sure that Note History would help with this - it's a paid feature (even if for only 1 month) that rescues previous versions of notes.  Major pruning is best done offline on a desktop so that the database can be refreshed with the older Server copy if there's an issue.

How to use note history to view older versions of a note

Thanks for your answer.

So, as you state, you can indeed select a range of tags and delete them. That was one of my questions, and the answer apparently is "yes", you can. That is good to know, even though I did it inadvertently, at least I know it was my error and not a bug.

Regards!

• Like 1