RagusJohn

Cannot see Notes content

Further to my post today - I tried various fixes suggested by forum members but none worked.  Then found one that suggested either downloading latest beta version or enabling the beta feature.  I did this and the problem has resolved itself.  Not sure if this is permanent or not yet.  John

I am running Evernote 6.20.2.8626 (Public), Basic subscription, on Windows 8 PC.  Yesterday everything was fine.  Today I cannot see the contents of any of my notes.  I can see Notebooks, Notes summary cards, but none of the contents when I click on Notes - it just opens a blank window with the correct Note title, tags etc but the contents are missing.  I can see the Notes contents on the Web application and on my Android phone so glitch only affects the Windows app.  I have had this problem once before with a new release but cannot remember what I did to fix it.  Never dreamed it would return again.  Any ideas, please?? THanks

John

My guess is, Evernote's latest public release is buggy. Apparently your bug has been fixed in the Beta? If the problem comes back, you could try down-grading to your last known good version of Evernote. You can find them at https://filehippo.com/download_evernote/history/ , with the usual caution that these aren't official Evernote sites so in theory they could have malware. Due to bugs, users have been using these non-official sites to downgrade and no one has reported malware problems so far. Knock wood.

Why even bother to upgrade, it is common for Evernote to release a buggy version, just to have the users test the version for them, how comfortably.....

This is called quality control.