Unknown device listed in Devices list

Hi Team,

It is suspicious and I am concerned about my data safety with Evernote as I have found an Iphone and some other device listed in my Evernote account despite I revoked access multiple times again they show up after few days. I changed the password and all precaution I could do on my end but still a unknown phone is listed under devices list.

Request you to take a look on my account why this is happening and address my question with befitting reply to avoid my personal data to be misued.

Pavan.

1) Definitely contact Evernote directly. https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us

2) If you are changing your password to something similar to your old password, or any other password you use, stop. 

3) Change the password for your email, and if it asks make sure you revoke access to all other sign ins upon your reset. (if it's Gmail you can do a full security audit of your account).

4)This isn't directly related, but definitely do some research into using a password manager. LastPass, KeyPass, Enpass, and BitWarden are all fantastic, but please do your research. 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, av.pavan4u said:

It is suspicious and I am concerned about my data safety with Evernote as I have found an Iphone and some other device listed in my Evernote account despite I revoked access multiple times again they show up after few days. I changed the password and all precaution I could do on my end but still a unknown phone is listed under devices list.

Request you to take a look on my account why this is happening and address my question with befitting reply to avoid my personal data to be misued.

See this page for security issues   https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004395487-What-to-do-if-you-suspect-unauthorized-access-to-your-Evernote-account

If you're seeing the device listed, they logged in with your userid/password
You said you changed your password; make sure the new password is only used on the Evernote account.

Could the unrecognized number be the number built into your tablet? Remember, you have more phone numbers other than your actual phone. If you asked me for the phone number for my tablet or my hotspot, I'd have to look it up as I wouldn't recognize either one, except when they show up on my Verizon bill.

Archived