Why are tags not in the main menu?

Why is there a different version of the application for each platform?  I have a windows desktop, by far the best, an android phone 2nd and an iOS tablet, unfortunately is the worst in all 3 layouts.

As tags are the main feature of Evernote, why isn’t it listed in the menus?  There’s no way of seeing the full tag structure ie. subsets.

I understand this has been raised by other users, so it’s hard to see why you have not made this fundamental change.

To have to use my desktop to manage tags, surely isn’t right?

• Level 5*

A design decision,; but supposedly Evernote is working towards a common UI

I'd like to see notebook/tag icons in the IOS sidebar, instead of the user > settings menu
Also, the tag hierarchy has never been available on the IOS platform; another outstanding request.

• 2 months later...

The absence of tag hierarchy (or nested tags) is the single reason why I don't use Evernote on my iPad. My whole note organization is based on tags hierarchy and hence rendering the ios client very limited for me. 

I seriously can't understand why the ios client in particular never got tag hierarchy.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Faisal Malallah said:

The absence of tag hierarchy (or nested tags) is the single reason why I don't use Evernote on my iPad. My whole note organization is based on tags hierarchy and hence rendering the ios client very limited for me. 

I've established my tag naming standard to allow for a non-hierarchical list of tagnames. As you pointed out, the hierarchy is not displayed in IOS; it's also absent on various pages on Macs.

For example, I use tag names Colour-Red, Colour-Blue, Colour-White instead of Red, Blue, White.

Archived