Clipping from other apps

I've always used WindowsKey + N to clip from anywhere. But today that stopped working - it just erases the highlighted passage and replaces it with the letter N. Any idea why this no longer works? Thanks!  ...Steve

11 hours ago, opus974 said:

I've always used WindowsKey + N to clip from anywhere. But today that stopped working - it just erases the highlighted passage and replaces it with the letter N. Any idea why this no longer works? Thanks!  ...Steve

I would start checking the SHORTCUT KEYS option first to see something changed there:

image.thumb.png.8288bbd9353d092e74735def32498d2f.png

• Level 5*

In the Windows client, use Tools / Options / Shortcut Keys to get to your Evernote for Windows shortcuts. The "Capture Screen" shortcut should be the one you're interested in. If it's not Win+N, you can change it there.

I reset the Capture Screen shortcut to Win + N. Now I'm getting a popup message: "Click & drag to clip a portion of the screen. Press control or shift to modify destination." Wondering if this is from Evernote, or maybe something else?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, opus974 said:

I reset the Capture Screen shortcut to Win + N. Now I'm getting a popup message: "Click & drag to clip a portion of the screen. Press control or shift to modify destination." Wondering if this is from Evernote, or maybe something else?

This is the Evernote for Windows screen capture utility. You drag a rectangle on your screen; by default the screen clip goes into a new Evernote note as an image, but if you have the Ctrl key held down before you release the mouse button, it goes onto the clipboard, alternatively, if you have the Shift key held down, it gets saved as a file on your desktop. Is that not the clip function that you're referring to?

Thanks Jefito. What I've always done in the past is to highlight whatever I wanted to save, then press WinKey + N and it would be copied (as text) to Evernote. That's what doesn't seem to work anymore.

• Level 5*
On 6/29/2018 at 6:07 PM, opus974 said:

Thanks Jefito. What I've always done in the past is to highlight whatever I wanted to save, then press WinKey + N and it would be copied (as text) to Evernote. That's what doesn't seem to work anymore.

I'd suggest that you go into Tools / Options / Shortcut Keys and set the Copy Selection shortcut to Win+N. That will take whatever you have selected and create a new Evernote note with your selection. I think that that's the operation you're trying to get working.

Archived