So hard for me - probably so easy for you

ssscomp

Idea

I am not certain that I am posting this in the right spot but I thought I would give it a try. My question is, I think, a generic one. We use FileMaker and often have a field entitled "notes" that could have seven or 800 words. On occasion I want to highlight some of those words and run an AppleScript to change the color to red. I would assume that this is very simple to do whether the highlighted words were in FileMaker or Word  or any other program but I just can't figure it out. So that is the question – if I click on a word and drag over to highlight five words how can I use an AppleScript to change the color of that text? Whoever gives me the first answer receives an all-inclusive paid vacation for two to Fiji together with a new 2018 BMW seven series and $25,000 spending cash. Or my deep respect. I get to pick which. Thank you.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, ssscomp said:

if I click on a word and drag over to highlight five words how can I use an AppleScript to change the color of that text?

The format of Evernote notes is html based; the code for coloured text is      <font color=red>aaaaaaaaaaaa</font>
I can work in AppleScript  with the html version of a note     
          - set workText to HTML content of theNote
          - set 
HTML content of theNote to workText

For a more generic solution, code your AppleScript to
- copy the text to an application where there are options to apply text colour (example TextEdit)
- apply the text colour and copy
- paste the the coloured text back, overwriting your selection

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, ssscomp said:

We use FileMaker and often have a field entitled "notes" that could have seven or 800 words. On occasion I want to highlight some of those words and run an AppleScript to change the color to red. I would assume that this is very simple to do whether the highlighted words were in FileMaker or Word  or any other program but I just can't figure it out. So that is the question – if I click on a word and drag over to highlight five words how can I use an AppleScript to change the color of that text?

Is this a FileMaker question, or an Evernote question?

If a FileMaker question, like your statement implies,

1. Are the FM Notes field a plain text, or rich text field?
  2. Do do you change the color manually?  Is there a FM menu to will do this for you?

Archived