Unhilight the search item that found

WadeLiang

I used to search a note by a keyword in web client for editing. 

However, when I found the note, the key words on it are all highlighted and there is no way to un-highlight. 

Anyone can help on this?

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  Are you finding the highlighted words print out that way?  If you select the note in the note list and then clear the search box,  the highlight will go away.  It's not permanent.  You can edit notes and re-save them without removing the highlight.

Hi Guru,

Thanks for your replay. 

In current Web client, I select note in the note list and the search box doesn't go away and the matched words are keeping highlighted. 

You can see that in the the attached image. 

P.S. I tried it in both Chrome / IE, but situations are the same.

click-note.png

On 4/12/2018 at 10:22 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Are you finding the highlighted words print out that way?  If you select the note in the note list and then clear the search box,  the highlight will go away.  It's not permanent.  You can edit notes and re-save them without removing the highlight.

That's what I expected, but after cleaning the search box the search terms are still highlighted.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Daniel Serodio said:

That's what I expected, but after cleaning the search box the search terms are still highlighted.

Hmmn.  That's not expected behaviour,  but does it affect your editing or printing?  If not,  I'd suggest you disregard it - apart from logging out of Evernote and back in,  or restarting your system,  all other possible fixes would involve uninstalls and reinstalls,  and that hardly seems worthwhile if this is a purely cosmetic issue...

On 4/16/2018 at 7:58 PM, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  That's not expected behaviour,  but does it affect your editing or printing?  If not,  I'd suggest you disregard it - apart from logging out of Evernote and back in,  or restarting your system,  all other possible fixes would involve uninstalls and reinstalls,  and that hardly seems worthwhile if this is a purely cosmetic issue...

It doesn't affect my editing and I don't use printing. It's for the web client, so restarting and/or reinstalling probably wouldn't make much of a difference. It's a shame that it's another example of the web client being abandoned by Evernote :(

• Level 5*
58 minutes ago, Daniel Serodio said:

it's another example of the web client being abandoned by Evernote

Well,  on the bright side it appears that Evernote are working on a new and different web client... ;)

Archived