Sync failure on new Windows PC App

Hello,

Last week I replaced my PC and downloaded the Windows app for the new machine. Evernote prompted me to remove the extra device, my old machine, which I did. My Evernote loaded and I thought I was good to go. I've been using it as normal.

Today I realized that my sync hasn't worked since Wednesday, probably when I installed the app. How do I get my sync back? I have a lot of people who require these updates.

I tried restarting my PC, checked the internet, checked my account, and tried to access the update link but it said I was looking for a page that didn't exist (it had a cute sasquatch). Basically, I've exhausted my resources.

Thanks, Jerrod

Try checking the event log. When I have sync problems, there is generally one note that is creating a problem and the event log will depict that. It is generally easy to see (at least it has been in my cases) I would delete or modify that note and that generally solves the problem. 

Not sure if it will help but worth checking.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Don't know of any reason why Evernote should refuse to work - you are clearly logged into the right account if you were nagged to disconnect the old machine.  Do you have access to all your notes?  Is the sync issue preventing you saving new and edited notes back to the server?  Have you checked what notes are missing by logging into Evernote.com in a browser?

If the event log doesn't help I'd suggest you File > Exit Evernote,  copy your Databases folder to your desktop to preserve the notes,  and uninstall / reinstall the application.

13 hours ago, TK0047 said:

Try checking the event log. When I have sync problems, there is generally one note that is creating a problem and the event log will depict that. It is generally easy to see (at least it has been in my cases) I would delete or modify that note and that generally solves the problem. 

Not sure if it will help but worth checking.

Thanks, this is probably good advice to someone a bit more savvy. The log is very code like and I can't quite make out the proper error as it endlessly scrolls between (info) and (error) called HTTP 500. I looked it up and was defeated with my lack of understanding.

Unplug it and plug it back in- just like everything else.

In the latest Windows, they have a Reset feature. This worked.

It had a warning about losing data but it left it intact. It syncs now and updated the web version.

Thanks to both of you for investing your time in me!

Archived