Issue: clipNote API is timing out

David Chatenay

Hi,

We've noticed a degradation of the clipNote JSON API for some of our users over the past couple of weeks. This endpoint frequently takes over 60s to complete.

The note is eventually saved in Evernote, but because we have a 60s timeout and a retry loop, users end up with multiple copies of the same note in their accounts. They also frequently retry to clip a note that failed to be saved, which creates even more copies.

The failure rate is pretty high: out of 93 calls this morning, 30 of them timed out.

Please advise.

-- 

David Chatenay

Feedly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Based on internal monitoring (see graph), this API started running into timeouts around November 7, 2017. There's a very noticeable response time degradation: the API used to respond in under 5 seconds on average. It is now in the 20 seconds range, when it responds.

I don't know what more information I can give, or which channel I need to report this to.

This is a serious issue for our customers (which are also Evernote customers). We are getting 2-3 contacts by customers every week.

evernote.clipNote.png

• Level 5*

Hi David,

This is a user-level forum; Evernote developer support is now done via StackOverflow.

Before you go posting there, though, I thought I would ask a few "qualifying questions"...  What is the clipNote JSON API; i.e. where did you get it from?  It doesn't sound familiar to me; is it something you were given by Evernote, or something you wrote, or it came from a third party, or...?

Archived