No Automatic Syncing?

purgatori

I have recently migrated all my machines to Linux, and so am forced to contend with the web client for Evernote, since the company has decided not to provide an official client, and none of the unofficial clients are up to snuff in my opinion.

One of the things that bugs me most about the web client is that it does not seem to have a syncing interval. Consequently, when I create or update a note from either the web clipper or Sublime Text (where I do the vast bulk of note editing) I only see the new or updated notes when I either switch notebooks, or use the refresh function on my browser. The former of these options is cumbersome, since it involves switching once and then switching back again, and the latter inconvenient, since it means losing my place and returning to the default position in the default folder.

The behaviour I would expect from the web client, after using the Evernote desktop application for Windows, would be to synchronize my notes at relatively short intervals without my intervention, such that I could be reasonably confident that the version of said notes that I was viewing reflected the most recent additions/changes I had made.

Is there some fix or workaround for this?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, purgatori said:

One of the things that bugs me most about the web client is that it does not seem to have a syncing interval.

The web platform is accessing the data directly  on the Evernote servers.  A sync interval is not applicable.

Refresh seems appropriate, but you wouldn't want this occurring in the middle of making changes

36 minutes ago, DTLow said:

The web platform is accessing the data directly  on the Evernote servers.  A sync interval is not applicable.

Refresh seems appropriate, but you wouldn't want this occurring in the middle of making changes

Indeed. I quickly discovered that auto-refresh, by way of an extension, was a no-go for this reason, and because of the aforementioned resetting of one's position within the notebook/note structure.

Archived